The VisAI Relationships System was designed to give developers more control over how their AI interacts with other actors. It can be used to create advanced systems such as relationship changes over time, or simply to determine if a character is friendly or enemy. It’s all up to you, the developer.
In the Relationships System, you’ll find things like Class/Referenced Based Relationships, Different Relationship Types, and more. Take a look at the list below to learn more about what the system has to offer.
- Easy to Customize & Expand
- Various Functions & Events to assist you during development
- Class & Referenced Based Relationships
- Enemy, Friendly, or Neutral
- Easily Determine How Your AI Reacts To Specific Classes
- Perception Integration
- Targeting Integration (Target Enemies on Sight)
- Useful for Team situations, friendly fire, and more.
Below, you’ll find some of the settings that are provided to you for fast customization of the system.
- Friendly Classes
- Friendly References
- Neutral Classes
- Neutral References
- Enemy Classes
- Enemy References
- Target Enemies on Sight
System Location: AI Controller
The system provides powerful functions that are easy to use. Look through the different functions available to you and consider how you could use them with your AI. Chances are, you’ll find something that you don’t have to spend time building yourself.
Learn how to modify systems by checking out the Modifying the Framework page.